random acts of kindness of the day

random acts of kindness of the day
here are some pictures that summerized the goodness I saw today

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody else"

I thought that people were very caring when doing random acts of kindness and were doing these (RAKS) so to speak because they genuinely wanted to, not because they felt they had to. I personally both observed and dealt out many random acts of kindness over the past couple of weeks.

Many people's reactions to these sudden random acts of kindness were thankful and genuine. I personally feel that after they were given a random act of kindness, they went on to do some as well.

Observing such random acts of kindness made me feel very happy in the fact that so many people are going out of there way in the world to help others just because.

The random act of kindness that had the biggest impact on me was when my mom helped the homeless man in the mall. I thought it was the sweetest thing anyone could have done. So many people watched this poor man who was injured and homeless ask for a $5 meal and get denied. For someone to then go up, buy the man whatever he wanted, and give him the change left over so that he could buy a meal later is remarkable. It takes a really great person to do something as nice as that.
That's my mom for you. :)

I do believe that the quote from the movie love actually "Love actually is all around us" is true. I believe that love is always around us, always have and always will. Some people define love as a passion towards something or someone. Well, we have love for a lot of things, such as dancing, hanging out with my family, or even having a love for each individual in my family (mom, dad, sister, Nana, papa...). So inevitably love is always around us in big forms and small forms. I think we just have to open up our eyes and our hearts in order to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment